Our mission is to assist young women to transition out of foster care successfully.
Through transition planning, young women will embrace the transitioning process and exit foster care equipped to live healthy independent lives.
Board Members, Advisory Board and Friends
Danielle Johnson Deborah Warner – Dennis
Dean Lynes Letitia Silas
Sherrice Davis Stephanie Avinger
Dina Brown Alexis Seth
Sade Smith Erin-Lee Hairston
Holly Morgan Gilda Johnson
Women in Transition (WIT) is excited to have partnered with organizations across the state of Maryland to further serve the young women who participate in our program. From private group homes to non-profit organizations both large and small, these relationships are vital to ensuring that all of the girls and young women successfully transition from foster care into productive, healthy lives.
Fall 2014 Transition Planning Institute Provider Partners:
- Arrow Family Ministries
- Baltimore City Department of Social Services
- Ready by 21
- Presley Ridge
- Foundation for Home and Community
- Children’s Guild
- Baltimore City College Preparatory High School
Corporate and Foundation Partners:
- Annie E. Casey Foundation
- M&T Bank
- Walmart Foundation
- Apple Harvest Giving Circle
- Coppin State University, School of Social Work
- University of Baltimore
- Everything Turkey
- Special Gathering
- Green Ambassador – Cathy Allen
- St. Vincent DePaul
- Gilda Johnson
- Marvin and Dorleen Leazer
- Deborah Warner
- Barbara Hamilton
- Jacqueline Jordan
- Pauline Parker
- Joyce Harvey
- Charlene Phipps
Our 2014/2015 Interns
- Dorleen Leazer – University of Baltimore MS Social Work 2015
- Nikia Russell – Coppin State Universty BS Social Work 2015
- Melinda Mack – University of Baltimore MS Social Work 2015
- Tyra Ishway – Coppin State Universty BS Social Work 2015
- Egypt Buie – Coppin State Universty BS Social Work 2015
A special thanks to Gilda Johnson and Dorleen Leazer whose contributions ensured a successful 2014 Miss. Peggy’s Thanksgiving Dinner.
If you are interested in partnering with WIT, please contact Peggy Murphy or call (443) 814-1314.
Women in Transition, Inc. is a 501c3 organization supported by individual donations.